Natural Soap Making 101 plus Shibori Indigo Class September 22, 2-5pm
Spend the Afternoon with playing in the studio!
Natural Soap Making 101 with Gabby Cox and Indigo Workshop 2-5pm
We start with soap making and when the soap is "setting up" we will head to the backyard art studio for tying and binding our natural fabrics:
Sunday September 22nd 2-4pm Soap Making
We are excited to bring our favorite soap maker to the studio to help us learn the basics of this ancient and useful art - soap making! Gabby is a master and we are excited to create and play with her. Scents are essential oils only. Students leave with 12 bars of soap - during the 60 minute soap set up time, consider attending the indigo workshop
5th Annual Indigo Party with Magda Dia 3-5pm
Come enjoy the lovely and magical results as we bind and dye cloth and watch as plant pigments turn our garmets lovely shades of indigo blue! This hands on workshop will leave you with the understanding of working with a living vat, how to make a vat, how to dye cloth and process for best results. Attendees learn several binding and tying and shibori techniques plus other fun resist processes.
Bring up to 6 garments (100% natural fiber and wash in advance for best results).
- This event is outside and we have a natural soap making event inside, come to both and have a ball.
- Wear dark clothes or clothes that you don't mind getting a little blue on them!
- Bring a sturdy pair of gloves, we have extra if you forget
- Please wash and dry in advance for best results
- Bring a snack to share - we're making it a PARTY