Oil Painting Immersion 6 Week Class with Nancy Tyler | Nov Session
Oil Painting Immersion 6 Week Class with Nancy Tyler
Saturdays 9:30am - 12noon or 1 - 3:30pm
November 4 - December 16
A great jump into the world of oil painting with award winning artist, Nancy Tyler. This 6 week class is geared toward both beginners and seasoned oil painters.
Week 1: Play with materials - setting up palette, color mixing, temperature, supplies, mark making, etc. Project: Simple Still Life
Week 2: Valuable Values - notions, working with values, and the dramas of a painting. Project: Alla Prima working from a photo.
Week 3: Constructing a clever composition - blocking in compositions and identifying center of interest. Project: Alla Prima painting.
Week 4: Shapes and Forms #1 - cones, cylinders, squares and shapes into trees, houses, balls, flowers ad fruit. Project: Landscape painting or Still Life painting
Week 5: Shapes and Forms #2 - Review of cone, cylinder, etc into face, hand and body shapes. Project: Simple figures and portraits.
Week 6: Master Merge lessons 1-5 and combining value, composition and color lessons to produce a more complicated Alla Prima Still Life.
- A minimum of 6 surfaces for Projects (stretched canvas, canvas covered panels, multi media boars) 9 x 12 or 11 x 14
- Synthetic and/or natural bristle brushes #2 flat, #6 flat, #8 flat, #2 round or bring what you have
- Palette knives - preferably two, one small/medium teardrop, and one medium spatula with inset handle
- Basic oil paint set or Cadmium Red Light, Cadmium Yellow Light, Ultramarine Blue, Cerulean Blue Hue, Mars Black, Burnt Umber and a larger tube of Titanium White
- Odorless Mineral Spirits (OMS) - Gamsol preferred
- Paper towels, box (shirt box or pizza box) for transporting wet canvas home
- Black Sharpie